Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
Our client is a subsidiary of the an International Oil Company, based in The Hague, the Netherlands. They operates primarily in Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa, providing its affiliates in the global oil and gas enterprise with a wide range of services including finance support, supply chain management, technical support services and a variety of administrative support services.
- De functie
The investments performance analyst (the function maybe renamed internally) will provide strategic support to senior financial management of downstream operations including preparing financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical support to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making and investment performance monitoring of the investment portfolio of the company.
Role Priorities / Responsibilities:
- Understand the downstream sector in oil & gas market dynamics in terms of supply and demand balances, operating rates and global and regional business dynamics; and provide in-depth financial analyses of business performance related to the various JV's and subsidiaries under the company portfolio.
- Develop and manage financial/management reporting models to provide insightful comparative analysis (year on year, vs budget, etc.) the various JV's and subsidiaries under the company portfolio
- Develop new financial models or review segment related models providing economic insights on earnings, investments and energy market matters.
- Review industry analyst reports to keep senior management aware of current developments.
- Report key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Plan, execute and lead finance and performance management (F&PM) analytical activities related to the various JV's and subsidiaries under the company portfolio in coordination with other F&PM organizations across the group
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports by region and total for the company.
- Fully utilize our business intelligence tool and develop real time dashboard reports.
- Develop and maintain close partnerships with business and operational counterparts in the organisation and represent the organization in cross-functional and cross-organizational teams
- Prepare financial portion of presentations for the board of directors and senior management team.
- Provide ad-hoc financial/management reporting, financial advice and business integration support.
- Support risk and viability assessments of potential new investments.
- De functie-eisen
- 5 years’ experience as a manager of financial planning and analysis / performance analyst experience in the downstream sector in oil & gas industry
- Relevant professional certification (e.g., CMA, CFA, CPA)
- Must have intimate knowledge and high skill levels in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and interfacing with SAP and BI systems
- Ability to deliver quality work on time
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate and influence decision-making with senior management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, be a quick study, able to learn, retain and teach others new technology as it is introduced in the industry; and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies and standard business etiquette
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferable one other language.
- Highly flexible in handling a wide range of duties as needs arise.
- Possess solid knowledge and understanding of management accounting, finance and reporting tools.