Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For our client, an International organization in Rotterdam, we’re looking for a Senior Finance Manager Germany or Turkey or Poland. This new role will be responsible for managing the Finance Controllership function for a cluster of Continental European countries. These legal entities are in the process of being incorporated as part of an expansion of the organisation entity footprint throughout Europe. This role has responsibility for all related Financial Reporting and Internal Controls as well as broader Financial Stewardship.
- De functie
The role will report to the Director Financial Accounting and Reporting, to oversee the accounting and financial control for the clusters and countries. The role will ensure the timely and accurate capture of financial information/output necessary for effective management decisions, and in compliance with US GAAP, local statutory laws and accounting standards, corporate policies/procedures and key controls. Additionally, this role will challenge the ‘status quo’ and act as a change agent to drive process efficiencies without compromising on control standards.
- Work effectively across the cluster countries interacting with all local teams, giving direction and guidance where necessary.
- Overall responsibility for the accounting close process for the cluster countries to ensure high quality accounting accuracy, timely and meaningful reporting, and compliance to US GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements.
- Train, support, guide and monitor the cluster units’ conduct of business transactions to ensure compliance with local applicable accounting standards, laws, policies and procedures.
- Ownership of financial change management initiatives within clusters including system implementation projects and associated process improvements.
- Work closely with the business, Sourcing, FP&A, Operations Support and other stakeholders to influence and drive issue resolution and initiate changes to enhance internal control and efficiency. Manage cashbooks to minimum requirements.
- Drive the required changes, lead process improvements and work collaboratively with senior management and various stakeholders. This group will include Compliance, Human Resources, Legal, Business and others.
- Where required, manage the financial statement external audit including completion of audited financial statements, management discussion and analysis for all group entities falling under the clusters.
- Manage relations with professional service providers for production and filing of statutory reporting items according to required timelines. This includes initial establishment of entities and the required engagement with auditors.
- Responsibility for local aspects of any VAT accounting and reporting.
- Creation and development of monthly cluster Balance Sheet process with accompanying explanations and analysis. This would include initial work on Fixed Assets reporting.
- Management of the month end process, including: Good accounting of accruals with sufficient evidence, bookkeeping, and overall OPEX tracking.
- Drive awareness on Supplier onboarding requirements and train relevant parties to ensure that all the suppliers and purchases in clusters comply with Visas internal policy
- Support in Concur, ARIBA and all expense related issues to cluster employees.
- Work with the Europe Accounting teams, when required, to implement new financial accounting policies and procedures.
- Review accuracy of cluster and countries P&L and Balance sheet.
- Managing external and internal auditors in the execution of their financial review and audit cluster trial balances.
- Work closely with UK HUB finance team and other European cluster Controllers to deliver against all Controllership objectives.
- De functie-eisen
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline; Advanced Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- You have several years workexperience preferably is a BIG4 environment
- Good knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and broad internal control requirements.
- Strong knowledge and experience with US GAAP, IFRS, along with experience in preparation of statutory financial reports and VAT or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Tax Transfer Pricing Strategies
- Extensive experience in audit, financial reporting or accounting operations.
- Experience of systems implementation and process migration
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials
- Excellent level of spoken and written English and Turkish or Polish or German.
- Ability to work well under pressure; strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure in a complex and diverse, international and multi-cultural environment.
- Self-directed and motivated to continuously improve processes to exceed customer expectations and help promote a best-in-class organization.
- Proven process leadership skills, with the ability and willingness to instigate and support change initiatives.