Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For our client we are searching for a Regional Controller to drive changes and make a transition from backward looking to driving the business.
In this commercial business partnering role you will report directly into the Finance Director Europe Distribution. In this role you will be prepared for a CFO role. Your focus will be mainly Switzerland and France (therefore, German & French language skills are a big plus).
Our client is a leading global building materials group employing over 87,000 people at around 3,800 locations worldwide. Through its Europe Distribution Division, they distributes building materials to professional builders, specialist heating and plumbing contractors and DIY customers through a network of trusted local and regional brands.
Europe Distribution is active in the trading of a range of building materials, catering to different local markets and varied customer groups.
The development strategy is to increase the network density of their existing businesses in their core European markets, while also investing in new platforms in other attractive segments of building materials distribution.
Substantial opportunities remain to expand the existing network in core European markets and to establish new platforms aimed at increasing exposure to growing RMI market demand.
The Division is active in three business areas: General Builders Merchants (GBM), Sanitary, Heating and Plumbing (SHAP), and DIY (Do-It-Yourself).
Europe Distribution employs approximately 11,000 people at over 650 locations in 6 countries (Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Germany and Austria).
Sales revenue (2016) amounts to € 4.1bn with an EBITDA of € 220m+.
Furthermore, they holds a 21.13% equity interest in Samse S.A., a publicity-quoted distributor of building materials in the Rhone-Alpes region and has a 50% share of a Portuguese DIY chain, named Maxmat.
- De functie
- Drives day-to-day business delivery in the relevant Operating Companies (OpCos) in his focus through reporting, reviewing and challenging results and providing business analyses toward profitable growth.
- Identifies and drives performance improvement projects in his OpCos.
- Leads specific workstreams in strategic plan and translates this into concrete action plans
- Leads the ED Capex process, including deadline management and strategic choices.
- Coordinates specific corporate reporting requirements to the Group and within ED (f.e. monthly EMM deck)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (incl. key stakeholders)
- Supports FD Europe Distribution in managing the business through regular and ad hoc reporting, reviewing and monitoring financial results and providing financial (variance) analyses to support decision making on his Opcos
- Plays a leading role in the business planning and reporting cycles, including follow up on key issues (with a focus on his OpCos).
- Has a strong liaison with Operating Companies within the division on financial reporting matters and is able to challenge and support these Companies on financial and business analysis.
- Has a strong liaison with country controllers, country MDs and country FDs in budget preparation, forecasting, strategic plan preparation, impairment testing and other processes throughout the year
- Supports the performance improvement aspect of the Finance’s role through KPI, performance bridge and other reporting cycles
- Ability to track and follow up on the key strategic initiatives
- Willingness to travel in between 30 - 50% (like Germany and Belgium)
- De functie-eisen
- Sound understanding of the business - business acumen
- Ability to communicate effectively with excellent presentation and verbal communication/writing skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to translate complex information in simple terms
- Focus on the customer (internal)
- Ability to adequately plan and organize own work
- Demonstrates integrity and trust
Drives Results, Cultivates Innovation, Resilient, Collaborates
- Master in Business or Accounting (RC/EMFC/CMA DECF/MBA is a plus)
- Between 8-10 years of working experience
- Fluency in English AND German is required, combined with French is a plus
- Relevant corporate experience with listed organizations in complex matrix organisations