Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For SNV “the Netherlands development Organization” we are searching for a talented Internal Auditor.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. They use their extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1,300 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. This requires us to work with efficiency and to deliver impact at scale.
They operate in some of the most challenging and rapidly changing areas in development; helping to improve the lives of millions of people around the world through a range of products, projects and programmes. Through their work, they contribute to strengthening institutions and kick-start markets that can help many more people to escape poverty beyond our projects.
To help them in their mission, they are looking for a dynamic and pragmatic internal auditor, with experience working internationally and/or within the international development sector. In this role, you will be providing a range of internal audit services and advice to key stakeholders within the organisation. A key part of the role will also involve delivering independent, objective assurance and consulting to the Managing Board. Additional languages, particularly French, would be an asset. In return, you can expect a supportive, professional work environment and the opportunity to contribute to addressing some of the world’s most pressing challenges
- De functie
As an internal auditor at SNV, you will be part of our Corporate Affairs department where you will work closely with the senior internal auditor and our policy and legal expert. In addition to providing timely advice and consulting to key stakeholders including the Managing Board, you will also conduct Country Office and project audits under the leadership of the senior internal auditor. Additionally, providing practical advice to support project teams and Country Offices on external audits, fraud response and risk management will be an important part of the role.
- Assist in the development of SNV risk analysis, internal audit strategy, and internal audit plans
- Ensure all audits are planned and conducted in accordance with professional standards
- Develop new and/or updates SNV’s internal audit work programme and processes in line with changes in SNV Policies and Procedures and Internal Audit best practices
- Produce quality reports for auditees and SNV’s Managing Board and annually report on audit trends across the organisation
- Provide support to SNV-wide risk management processes including updating and roll-out of the annual Country Control Self-Assessment
- Support the Chief Finance Officer in responding to incidents of fraud
- Develop synergies in risk-management with other departments through professional and constructive interfaces with managers in other departments
- Advises on relevant corporate policies, procedures and processes and provides inputs into donor accreditation with regards to the internal audit function.
- Provides backstopping support to SNV projects on external audits processes and queries.
- De functie-eisen
- Graduate degree in Auditing (Registered/ Auditor [RA] / Certified Public Accountant [CPA], Chartered Accountant [CA] Registered Operational Auditor [RO], Certified Internal Auditor [CIA] or equivalent degree)
- Strong auditing background with a minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience in auditing, preferably in an international development related field
- Demonstrable experience of internal audit processes and leading audits in an international (development) context
- Ability to work independently, draw on an external network of audit expertise, provide pragmatic advise and translate ‘audit language’ to a non-specialist audience
- Excellent analytical skills, conceptual thinking, financial literacy and analysis
- Experience in quality assurance processes, including due diligence and risk management
- Team player, strong facilitator
- Excellent communicator in English. French Language is highly desirable
- Willingness and ability to travel overseas (up to 25%).