Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
This International organization is based in Rotterdam. We are searching for a Global Group Controller, a Global & tranformational position.
- De functie
Ensure that all financial statements, both internal and external, are accurately prepared and fully reflect the results of the business. This includes the following statements:
- monthly internal p&l’s, including regional p&l’s
- monthly cash flow reports
- quarterly updated estimates
- quarterly actual reporting (p&l, capex, NAB)
- annual budgets
- 3 year plan updates
- quarterly external trial balances
The Global Group Controller ensures strong accounting and reporting throughout the group and the financial authorities and shareholders, including overseeing and monitoring an effective control environment and providing strategic information and advice to the management team. This includes:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes including the transfer to the shared service centre.
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
The Global Group Controller will be a key player in the IPO process to ensure proper controls and reporting during this process and after the IPO.
Responsible for ensuring that the individual general ledger trial balances accurately reflect the periodic activities of the division and that the quarterly balance sheet accurately reflects the current financial position of the division at the end of the fiscal period.
For external reporting ensure that accounts are prepared in accordance with IFRS and in compliance with local statutory audit requirements. Prepare and support audit schedules as required internal and external audit. Work with the external auditors to ensure timely and efficient completion of the financial audit.
Work together to ensure that the organisation maintain an effective and appropriate internal control environment. Ensure that the internal controls are properly and accurately documented and are
robust in nature. Work with both internal and external auditors to ensure timely and efficient completion of all audits.
Support the CFO in preparation and analysis of the financial section of all board cases and potential acquisitions.
- De functie-eisen
- Will preferably have a graduate degree and 3-5 years’ experience with top international BIG4 firm as a basis for your career as well as 10+ years' post qualification experience in a senior accounting role
- CPA, CIMA, ACCA, or ACA
- Strong financial, accounting and managerial skills
- Strong ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Creative reporting capability
- Team manager and player
- Good communicator, planner, organiser and able to bridge differences
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Effective project management skills
- Strategic finance and tax planning
- 10 years progressive experience to controllership in and international corporation or industry specific company.
- An experienced finance professional possessing commercial acumen, business knowledge and strategic insight and the ability to influence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required and a track record of managing and motivating staff performance.
- Experience as a user of sophisticated internationally recognized accounting software is required.
- Ability to lead and coach a team
- Ability to influence decisions at all levels of the organisation
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- An excellent relationship builder and communicator, collaborative and able to challenge others