Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For our client, an International FMCG organisation, we're looking for a Global Accounting & Reporting Manager. In this role you will be responsible for the accounting policies and external reporting. The manager acts as ambassador of the accounting policies by embedding these throughout the group together with 2 direct colleagues. The team supports the entities around the group on any accounting or reporting topic, such as managing the accounting of incentive plans, pensions, mergers & acquisitions, fair value assessments, hedge accounting as well as preparing accounting position papers and reviewing the monthly financial information submitted by the local entities.
The team’s ambition is to provide complete and accurate financial information to management, shareholders and external stakeholders, such as (interim) financial statements, with keeping the lead times short. Each member of the group is involved in financial reporting, including supporting and managing the external audit process. Reporting is quickly evolving to include non-financial (ESG: Environmental, Social and Governance) data, a focus area of the team for the next years, especially with the introduction of Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
The Finance function supports the company’s strategy and business activities as a business partner working closely with business and functional leaders to drive improved performance, yet facilitating transparency of financial performance across the organisation. The Finance function aims to ensure business decisions are grounded in sound financial analysis and endure processes that drive robust financial challenge and accountability. Moreover, the Finance function provides analysis and insight for management to prioritise the allocation of resources to areas where value can be created, supporting strategic and commercial operations which add value. In its role as business partner, the Finance function ensures the company keeps continuous focus on compliance, control and risk management to manage the company’s (financial) risks and meet the requirements of governmental and other regulatory bodies, as well as the internal guidelines.
The Global Accounting & Reporting Manager directly reports to the Global Accounting & Reporting Director.
- De functie
The Global Accounting & Reporting Manager is responsible for the organisation’s accounting policies and the communication of these policies throughout the organisation. In addition, the role reviews financial reports, provides technical expertise and manages external relationships. The Global Accounting & Reporting Manager should, alone or as part of the Accounting & Reporting team, be recognised in the organisation as the professional taking ownership of the reporting requirements, internal as well as external, combined with in-depth knowledge of IFRS. Managing challenging deadlines, combined with aligning other departments of the organisation, entities and external parties is an important competence. Furthermore, the role will transition to include more reporting of non-financial data.
- Responsible for determining the organisation’s accounting policies and the communication of these policies throughout the organization.
- Directs and reviews a variety of accounting and reporting activities to ensure that the organisation’s financial resources are managed in accordance with accounting principles and comply with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- Reviews all financial reports and accounting statements to ensure they have been accurately prepared.
- Provides technical expertise and advice on complex accounting issues to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Selects and manages ongoing relationships with external consultants and advisors (for example accounting firms) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- De functie-eisen
- Master Degree (or equivalent experience); RA, AA or similar is preferred
- Approx. 10 years of experience in Accounting & Reporting;
- Big-4 experience (national office experience is a pré);
- High degree of IFRS knowledge (US GAAP is a pré);
- Profound analytical skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Knowledge of consolidation software tools (SAP BPC is a pré);
- Strong communication and documentation skills;
- International experience;
- Preferably a background in FMCG area;
- Experienced with project and process management.
- Simplicity “Breaks down complexity and provides clear and consistent messages”
- Entrepreneurship “Running the business as an owner and a partner
- Accountability “Taking charge and focusing others”
- Discipline “Driving operational and financial excellence
- Solidarity “Releasing the power of one”
- Leadership “Developing people and teams