Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
Our client is an International family-owned company with a strong focus on long-term business stability and environmental sustainability.They provides sustainable towage and related services to the maritime industry, exceeding clients’ expectations.
For their headquarters based in the center of Rotterdam we are searching for a Financial Controller.
- De functie
As Financial Controller you are fully responsible for the day to day finance and administrative activities such as:
- Fully responsible for timely and accurate bookkeeping;
- Assist in day to day bookkeeping when needed;
- Review complex financial transactions;
- Set-up administration of new foreign entities and projects.
Financial Policies and Standards:
- Develop, advise on and implement controlling policies, plans, formats and guidelines, including (financial) risk management;
- Propose and participate in improvements of overall company accounting model and AO/IC (finance and accounting policies).
Annual Budget, Planning, Reporting Control Cycle:
- Draft and execute the annual budget, planning and control cycle through target setting, action planning, financial forecasting, as well as follow up and deviation analysis with the operational managers/directors;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reporting packs as well as monthly/quarterly/annual consolidations;
- Responsible for timely and correct preparation and filing of the annual reports;
- Set up and implement annual budget, planning & control cycle for new entities.
Day to day Cash management:
- Cash planning and (cashflow)forecasting;
- Managing Bank accounts.
Analysis and Advise (For global operational units):
- Analyze financial and operational information, perform internal benchmarking and support and advise managers and corporate staff;
- Ensure development of Business KPI’s;
- Recommend and take active part in improvements in business processes, systems and action plans from financial perspective;
- Perform risk analysis, cost price and transfer pricing analysis.
Quality Assurance, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE):
- Keeps him or herself actively up-to-date to QHSE manual and procedures ;
- Ensure safe and healthy execution of activities own department and contractors;
- In case of doubts or anything is unclear, speak up-communicate or ask for a time out;
- Ensure integration QHSE philosophy and policy and corrective measures in policies and daily practice.
- Ensure timely follow-up and filing of (international) tax returns;
- Perform cost and transfer pricing calculations.
- Assist in the set-up of new projects;
- Advise and support in development of selected business opportunities to a business decision (in-/divestment).
- Integrate corporate governance and finance processes;
- Provide support to claim handling.
- Contributes in further development and automation of the financial processes;
- Contribute to development and maintenance of financial system architecture and related system environment (e.g. Dynamics, Lucanet, Blue10 etc.).
- Operational contact point with accountants;
- Represents KMS in banking and cash management activities
- De functie-eisen
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Economics or Accounting
- You have 10 years experience in a broad, international advisory financial role.
- Ability to analyse financial results and recommend and implement necessary actions to improve business performance and profitability.
- You have working experience in supporting operational management, corporate management and the Board.
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- A solid commercial understanding with a no nonsense, hands-on approach.
- Analyzing - Assessing information using a focused analysis and evaluation, gaining insight into cause and effect relations whilst using a critical and rational manner and differentiating the essential from the non-essential
- Conceptual Thinking - Integrating and linking data into coherent information, identifying relationships between pieces of information, generating alternatives and logical and sound conclusions
- Cooperation and Influencing others-Having a positive impact on others, creating a good impression in order to negotiate or convince others of ideas. Accepting a realistic compromise and creating a win-win situation
- Result oriented; showing responsibility and perseverance at work and ensure attention to detail
- Excellent leadership skills