Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
Our client is one of the world’s most exciting international companies.
The financial controller Northern Europe is an important player in the European finance team, reporting to the team manager financial control and will provide financial analysis to management. This person will be the liaison between consolidation department in the USA, the finance teams in Amsterdam and business owners.
To be successful in this role, you need to be technically strong, driven in delivering the best and most efficient results. You are innovative and can communicate complex accounting topics to all levels within the company. As for experience, you have proven accomplishments in a financial accounting position, with industry and a few years of accounting firm experience.
- De functie
- Direct and manage on a daily basis the financial reporting activities of multiple entities based in different countries in Northern-Europe, including providing guidance on policies and procedures, IT software tools and accounting issues. Assumes hands-on responsibility for complex areas of reporting and important business interlocks.
- Responsible for the monthly financial reporting activities of these entities including account analysis, research and communication with all levels of finance management – including US GAAP to local GAAP analysis and US GAAS to local GAAS analysis
- Participate in the assessment of processes and systems and improvement initiatives to advance the transactional and financial reporting effectiveness, including strengthening the quality of our reporting.
- Interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to identify risks & opportunities.
- Assist the senior manager with accounting related issues and identifies financial transactions and events not in accordance with GAAP. Applies a thorough knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Understands the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures.
- Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills.
- Responsible for in time issuing the annual statutory financial statements and other financial reporting obligation for all these entities
- Assist with the data reporting and preparation of the tax filings.
- Maintain and keep current a manual documenting all responsibilities and procedures performed by the financial controller function for the respective entities
- De functie-eisen
- University degree in finance or economics
- Post graduate in finance (qualified accountant) or controlling (qualified controller)
- Relevant working experience, preferable in a similar position
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and a local GAAP in Northern Europe
- A solid understanding of financial reporting and financial processes in an international environment
- Assertive, team player and an international mindset
- Ability to work independently and accurately under strict deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in both English and one other language in Northern Europe
- Flexible and energetic person, hands on mentality
- Enthusiasm and a professional attitude are also key to this position.
- A good general knowledge of MS Office is essential, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with AX Dynamics or similar financial reporting package