Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For our client, an international company in the region of Amsterdam we’re looking for a
- De functie
As a Financial Controller you will review and timely delivery accurate and complete consolidated financial and management information. As a person you will have excellent communication skills, be hands on and have a can do mentality.
The main purpose of the Financial Controller is to improve the financial accounting processes and systems in order to improve financial and business control. More specifically he/she will further develop, deploy, document and test changes to the accounting system and processes. In addition the preparation of the annual reports of some specific holding companies and performance of the financial controls will be part of this role. The Financial Controller will directly report to the Director Accounting & Reporting. This position will be acting in the complex and challenging environment, in which the financial organization has a strong established foundation.
- Perform financial controls on financial reporting output (Budget, Forecasts, Actuals);
- Provide and assist in the preparation of management information, such as a monthly commentary on financial reporting and various ad-hoc analysis of financial information. Think of analysis regarding working capital, interest costs, forecast and P&L.
- Collect all information needed to compile the statutory annual reports
- Set-up the statutory annual reports
- Preparation budget and strategic plans
- Support integration of newly acquired companies
- Liaise with Internal and External Audit on any SOX issues.
- Ad hoc projects such as It projects, process improvement, analysis
- Support in implementing BI tools and creating business reports and dashboards to help drive the business
- De functie-eisen
- Academic degree in business economics or accountancy (for example CPA (Dutch RA)
- 5 years relevant experience in holding accounting and/or controlling roles in an International business environment
- Experience within a Private Equity environment is a pre
- Experience with deployment of new ERP systems; BI tools; consolidation tools
- Knowledge of audit processes, M&A, record to report process
- Knowledge of financial reporting principles and accounting standards (Dutch Gaap and IFRS);
- Experienced in creating annual reports;
- Fluently in English and Dutch, both oral and written. Other European languages like French or German are an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to build alliances and collaborate across different cultures;
- Able to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Hands-on and pragmatic attitude, able to act both on strategic as on operational level;