Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For one of Europe’s first multi-vertical startup accelarators we are looking for a Business Controller. Their goal is to provide startups with access to capital, market, community, and expertise
You will be part of an international team of 40+ professionals dedicated to support and empower startups to become scalable and change their world for the better.
Your main purpose will be to ensure financial accountability for the organisation. Through clever, autonomized, and tech-savvy methods you will increase the overall level of management control and improve budgeting & reporting processes. They are looking for a financial multi talent that can bring the financial department to the next level. You bring experience and wicked Excel skills, but are still generalist enough to contribute on the multiple levels of the financial side of a business.
You work closely with the Finance Director and Financial Administrator on delivering crystal clear financial and performance insights.
- De functie
- Analysing and internally reporting on performance (financial) metrics and highlight areas that allow for optimisation towards the management team;
- Meeting periodic external and internal (financial) reporting requirements to stakeholders and authorities;
- Maintaining and optimising large and smart data files regarding the funds portfolio;
- Preparing portfolio reports to investors in different accelerator funds;
- Building, maintaining, and overseeing quarterly and yearly budgets in addition to preparing forecasts for the company’s affairs on multiple company levels;
- Preparing monthly budget vs. actual analysis and coordinating distribution to relevant teams and roles
- Monitoring the accuracy of the financial administration with the Finance Administrator;
- Creating a process that translates the results of the budgeting/reporting procedure in next actions for programs/business units.
- De functie-eisen
What makes you the perfect candidate?
Well, obviously Excel is your home, your safe place, you know all its secrets and use it as your key analytical tool. You are someone who loves & creates structure but doesn’t need it to be at your best. Your analytical mindset has brought you great things and because you’re so methodical in your approach you know how to prioritize and deliver on deadlines. You have a hawks eye for underperforming metrics, and get straight on it. You are not satisfied easily so you are willing to go the extra mile to make sure things are running smoothly and all the details are sorted out. You are sharp and smart but you’re always able to translate the numbers into simple and comprehensible language for operational staff. You like direct and honest communication lines to get fast results but you end things on a positive note because why work hard if you can’t also have a little fun?
Must have requirements:
- Degree in (business) controlling;
- 3+ years experience in a controlling role, but with proven affinity with the full financial value chain;
- Excel wizard;
- Experience with Exact Online and reporting tools (Speedbooks, VisionPlanner, Hyperion, Invantive, etc);
- Proactive, results-oriented and solution attitude with an ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.