Algemene informatie vacature:
- De organisatie
For SNV “the Netherlands development Organization” we are searching for a talented Audit Manager.
“help to improve the world and make a difference”
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. They use extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,300 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. They are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement their mission. This requires to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation - by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. They will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline. The Global Support Unit (70 staff), where this position will be based, backstops teams around the world
- De functie
SNV is seeking a dynamic and pragmatic professional to provide internal audit services and oversee SNV’s internal audit function as well as internal controls. Central to the role is providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services to SNV’s Managing Board and other stakeholders. On-site country office and project internal audits are carried out under the leadership of the Audit manager, jointly with an Internal Audit Officer and colleagues from other SNV departments. The postholder will also provide oversight and practical advice to ensure quality and compliant project external audits. (S)he will advise on fraud investigations, risk management, organisational accreditation and due diligence as well as work with SNV’s Extended Management Team to ensure the consistency and quality of SNV’s policy environment.
The Audit manager will be hosted in the Project Support Office, part of SNV’s Global Support Unit. This role is excluded financial audits but included the coordination of the financial project audits.
- Oversees, develops and maintains SNV’s internal audit approach, tools and plans;
- Within this framework, independently draws up, executes and reports on individual internal audit exercises (on-site for SNV country office and project audits as well as desk-based for process audits); discusses results and remedial actions with auditees; provides advice to auditees; monitors progress against audit findings and recommendations. This includes status reporting to SNV’s Managing Board, its Supervisory Board’s Audit and Risk Committee, and its external auditor where appropriate;
- Reports to and advises SNV’s Managing Board on internal audit trends and best practice, corporate improvements, including relevant corporate policy changes;
- Advises on and inputs into relevant corporate due diligence exercises, donor accreditation processes and policy reviews;
- Advises on and monitors fraud investigations, analyses learning to apply solutions at corporate level;
- Maintains an overview of SNV’s policy environment and works with policy holders to ensure the consistency and quality of SNV’s policy environment;
- Acts as the single point of contact for external project audits. Provides pragmatic backstopping to SNV projects on external audits processes to support projects in meeting their donor compliance requirements. Analyses trends on external audit findings and leads on practical solutions to improve on these at corporate level;
- Supports risk identification and management at corporate level;
- Participates in audit and control related projects and provides advisory services on relevant issues as required.
- De functie-eisen
- Graduate degree in auditing (Registered Auditor [RA] / Certified Public Accountant [CPA], Registered Operational Auditor [RO], Certified Internal Auditor [CIA] or equivalent degree), other relevant qualifications will be considered when candidates have demonstrable experience of carrying out internal audit and coordinating external financial (project) audits;
- Strong auditing background with at least 7 years of relevant experience in auditing, preferably in an international development related field;
- Demonstrable experience of internal audit processes and leading audits in an international (development) context;
- Ability to work independently, draw on an external network of audit expertise, provide pragmatic advise and translate ‘audit language’ to a non-specialist audience;
- Excellent analytical skills, conceptual thinking, financial literacy and analysis;
- Experience in quality assurance processes, including due diligence and risk management;
- Experience of performing general controls within an Enterprise Resource Planning environment is necessary;
- Team player, good facilitator and an excellent communicator in English. French Language is highly desirable;
- Willingness and ability to travel to SNV operating countries (approximately 5 times a year two weeks)